Monday, June 30, 2014

The Sanctuary


What comes to your mind when you hear the word "Sanctuary"?
 
* a holy or sacred place where we experience a piece of heaven
* may refer to a temple, shrine, church, altar and blessed sacrament
* being confidently safe and a source of peace
* feeling a sense of completeness, comfort and contentment
* an encounter with God

I was invited to an event in FB which will be held in St. Francis church at Jebel Ali on June 12. What captivated me was the event titled "The Sanctuary" and somehow I was curious yet excited to attend the event for I had a little clue about what's going to happen there. I anticipated that it's going to be a moment with the blessed sacrament and the mostly the youth (at heart for some) were invited. I had experienced one before about the magic moment with God last April 2014. After that encounter I had a longing in my heart that seeks to experience Jesus through the Blessed Sacrament.

I came together with Kuya Jimmy and we were surprised that the organizers were friends we knew in the community. Upon arriving we were welcome with a song serenading us and the place we were in was like paradise. The place was beautifully decorated with curtains, the altar at the middle, orange dim lights, reflective music, religious paintings, posters and friendly smiling people that it seems almost perfect. The ambiance in the place which was a former parking lot radiated peace, hope, love, passion, faith, completeness and security that you feel like you're in paradise. It was Thursday night and it's definitely worth spending with God rather than going home or have a great time since it was the weekend. 

When the event started we were singing songs of praise to hype us all up and then shifted to slow songs in preparation for the welcoming of Jesus in the Blessed sacrament. My heart was pounding, held on to my wooden cross, tried hard to concentrate, stare at Jesus and enjoyed the moment. All I can say was thank you Jesus and it made me feel lost for words. Sometimes you need not say anything but to open your heart and listen with your ears to His message. He said and assured me that He loves me and that I should keep holding on to Him. I felt love, peace, secured and warm like I was embraced by Him spiritually.

A doodle from my imagination.. (different from the actual presentation)

 After the event, we decided to help out in cleaning up. I didn't imagine it would take us nearly 3 hours. I was so amazed how the people gave time for this event that left a great impression to the attendees. Such dedication and passion in which they shared with us all. Truly it was worth thanking and praising God for. All their efforts were worth it. The hard work they endured while setting the place and cleaning up was a sign of great love for God for they will do everything to give their best. All those cable wires, the heavy equipment, the chit chats, the fun jokes, the nosebleed words, the sweat coming from all parts, the emotional support, the growling tummies, the unexplainable laughter, the unity, the pushing/pulling like we're just playing, the built in corny-ness and the feeling of being comfortable with talking to people whom I never talked to before sparked up a friendship which I never expected. Staying and helping out was worth it since I came to know these people whom I am only friends with in FB. Thank you for the new friendship.

We left past 12 midnight and we ate at Mcdo which at first some didn't agree yet we ended up eating there since it was the best place to stay among the other resto. The food we ordered were burgers, large fries and sundaes. It took us 10-15 minutes to finish all those and then we head home since it was late. Thank you for the drop off and I had a good time with you guys. Til next time.

NOM NOMSSSSSSS!
Thank you! Praise God.
#packupgang #friendship #answeredprayer #happy #blessed   
 
June 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!