Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fearless to stand and proclaim


"....To be as fearless to stand and to proclaim..."
FEARLESS by YFC Liveloud...

Sharing a part of your story to many who may not agree is a frightening experience but definitely worth telling. When you are blessed with the presence, love and grace from God, everything impossible becomes possible. God’s power works in many ways that we cannot explain but feel. You will then realize how great and amazing He is because He is able to do things in your behalf and He therefore receives all the glory that He truly deserves.
May 16, 2014 was our National Conference in SFC held at RAK, UAE. We had a storycon the night before and arrived home nearly 2 in the morning. I was worried and almost panicking because there were changes and I felt I had little time left to prepare. I slept late and woke up early. We left past 6 in the morning to travel. As I remember myself hours before the sharing, I was very nervous, I couldn’t sleep, I was shaking in fear and as I rehearsed I wasn’t able to pronounce the words correctly. I kept my sharing a secret to my household and close friends because it will only add pressure to me.

During the mass I was completely distracted. I was assured by God that everything will be alright. I surrendered to Him all my worries, fears, doubts and concerns. After the mass, I rushed and prepared since we were to be prayed over by the team. I was longing for a hug of affirmation because I wanted to feel comforted. I hugged my household and left them stating I was going to assist someone. After the pray over, there I was still shaking with fear and that I wanted to scream, shout and let it all out. I was crazy yet I know I can overcome those feelings. I kept practicing my lines and talked to the other sharers. Most of us were first timers and it was a common feeling that we were experiencing. Imagining that we were going to share to 1350+ delegates, it is indeed overwhelming. I realized I was excited more to share my story because God has worked a miracle through me. I just couldn’t hide the excitement and my fear was being lessened.

A few minutes before I stood up, I was ready, smiling and I left it all to God. I whispered a prayer stating that “No matter what happens may your will be done Lord and may your name be glorified.” As my name was called by the speaker, the mic was turned on, I kissed my wooden crucifix necklace, held on to my cross, walked to the stage, showed a big smile, held a long big breath and there I was proclaiming the greatness of God through my experience. At first I was nervous as evidenced through my voice  but I was speaking halfway and until the end it was going smoothly. The power of God through the Holy Spirit moved in mysterious ways. I was touched and so were the people who was listening. Not with the speakers, nor with us who were sharing but to everyone who worked hard and prepared for the event.

I felt great. I received affirmations from my brothers and sisters in the community. It made me happy and inspired all the more. It was as if God was telling me that He was proud of me. It was a nice feeling being praised but I added that God is greater and He deserves the praise. My family too was proud of me and even my household shared the same feelings. They were happy for me and somehow I have conquered my fears, all with the grace from God. I even was blessed to have a guitar that I finally own and will be practicing to proclaim God through the talent and to the best of my ability. For God, I know I can.

As I look back, I know God has brought me here in the UAE because He wants me to go in a mission. I said YES before and until now I will continue to stand firm for my commitment to Him. Saying YES has led me to places I haven't been and witnessing wonderful things I haven't seen. He has given me everything that I needed. He has provided far more from what I expected. He has blessed me beyond measure and I am not worthy to receive all of this but because He loves me, He continues to reveal His greatness in me regardless of my faults and failures..

Thank you Lord. Let's journey beyond the unknown. I am confident knowing that you are in me and You will never leave nor forsake me as you have promised. I need you. I love you!

PRAISE GOD! COMPLETE HH :)
My inspiration and God's greatest and gorgeous gifts to me.
 #iamBBM #fearless #magicmoment #blessed #sfc #sharing #uae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!