Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cheerdancing for Christ


Cheerdancers from SFC Dubai last November 14, 2014 at UAE University, Al Ain!
"I never thought I could do it but because God was with me, I did it!"

Being a part of the creative ministry is a big fulfillment for me. Never did I know that I was capable of doing something simple yet achieving great results. Dancing has been my weakness ever since and somehow I need to face my fear and conquer it. As the passage say in Philippians 4:13 states "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Never did God failed me and look to where He has brought me? Because I said Yes, He removed all my fears, insecurities and doubts away. 

Looking back, 3 weeks ago, upon hearing about the cheerdance for CFC Sportsfest, I was hesitant and somehow shy because I know that I'm not a dancer. I would reason out stating "I prefer to draw..blah blah.." and would say "Bear with me. I'm having a hard time because I'm left handed....." I actually joined last March and somehow I wanted to try it out for the second time. So because I was in a crisis and I needed to change my ways, I made a decision to join for me to regain my old self and somehow become better. Hopefully.

Honestly speaking for the past months I have been so lazy and selfish that I lost proper time management, self discipline and my self worth degraded. I wasn't productive anymore, I lost confidence, I was a bit depressed and I indulge myself with food cravings, wattpad reading also anime/drama/movie addictions. I admit I was a total mess and I needed to stand up on my own and regain what I loss. It was a personal battle that I need to win. I know and I learned to cling on to God. The week before practice I was making changes little by little.

When the practice started, things, circumstances and my perspective started to change. I praise and thank God for His grace for without it, I'm nothing and not capable of anything. Two weeks of sleepless nights, hard work, lengthy patience, frequent practice, self discipline, memorization of steps, getting along with co-dancers and brain processing was torture at first but then became a daily routine for me. As the day passes I was able to appreciate and somehow perform the steps if not perfectly then correctly. 

As we journeyed together, the fruits of our labor started to flourish and indeed it was generously paid by blessings, gratitude, loud cheers, encouragement, fun, genuine laughter, friendship and deep within us, self fulfillment. We know deep in our hearts that God was glorified with our performance and to Him we humbly offer ourselves for His great glory. Thank you Lord. Thank you dance instructors. Thank you co-dancers. Thank you family, friends, household and supporters. Thank you so much. May God be praised. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!