Tuesday, April 15, 2014

God's signs are Promises (Daily Manna 151012)

God's signs are Promises (Daily Manna 151012)

October 15, 2012 at 10:44pm
Date: October 15, 2012 
Title: God's signs are Promises
Sharer: Sarah Lauren Lim

Gospel: Luke 11:29-32

This generation is an evil generation; it seeks a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nin'eveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation.
Luke 29-30

Reflection:
The present generation looks and observes signs. They say that signs are indications of something to happen in the near future or may have happened in the past. Signs can explain a thousand implications but the greatest sign will be of Jonah stating about Jesus' resurrection. Signs are often used by the devil to mislead us. It can make us believe things and perceive like they're from God. I guess people nowadays believe more in signs rather than God's word from the Bible.

Signs can lead and mislead us depending on the status of our hearts and minds. Before I would believe that everything is related to signs and that they would matter. For me, even watching movies or dramas and relating them to real life is something that I would look forward to but then I didn't know that it will lead me to believing in lies, hurts, disappointment, and confusion. I admit that I don't know much before I entered YFC.

Everything changed when I said YES and committed in serving the Lord. I started believing in His words rather than the signs I would see and experience. It happened during three days and three nights like Jonah who was in the whale. I admit it was one of the best signs that God has revealed to me. He has resurrected and renewed my heart and spirit. He has uplifted me from shame, pain and guilt. He forgave me and gave me a lot of reasons to rejoice and discover my purpose here.

Years passed by and as I grow and stay in the community, I continued learning more about life, that it's not just about me or others but it's about God. I may have failed and lost focus at times but He manages to lead me back to the right path. It was April 2009 when I started the CLP for CFC Singles for Christ together with Francis and Carlo. Our leaders encouraged us to crossover to SFC. I was able to listen to the talk every week except the last one which was the Talk 13 and Dedication ceremony. I was late together with Francis because we attended a meeting for a Provincial Conference and that we had to be there.

I guess it was the Lord's plan and sign why we had to miss the talk because maybe He knew we weren't ready to leave the community and move on to SFC. I felt disappointed when the kits were given to those who really finished the CLP and I realized if I was ready to move up. I admit YFC has become my comfort zone and it's difficult to really let go of it. It has become a part of me and leaving it will be the greatest decision that I'll make. I was asking myself questions before if I was worthy of it and that God made me stay longer in YFC. I know I won't forever be a YFC and soon I'll be moving on to the next level. I guess I wasn't ready and I feel that I haven't invested much to my fellow YFCs enough to leave them standing on their own.

3 years later, January 2012, I was already working in Dubai. I decided to leave my comfort zone with the hope of a higher calling in mission and perhaps help in supporting my family. I had to be broken in order to grow up. I find myself being online just to talk to them. My world stopped when I went to Dubai. I was clinging to them that I forgot that I have a life a live. I felt the homesickness, the longing for love and attention, the absence, the differences, the time zones, and other distractingly negative feelings. I was struggling emotionally and spiritually. I was affected and depressed and that nobody had a clue what I was experiencing because I would try hard to convince them that I was ok. I find it so hard to communicate to God and that I drifted away from Him.

1 day when I was walking along St. Mary's carrying my backpack, somebody gave me a flyer about a CLP. Upon receiving it I realized that it's a sign that God is calling me back to serve Him. I was lost, broken, and hopeless but God gave me a chance and even welcomed me back. I attended the CLP and was advised to be endorsed rather than repeating the CLP. But I decided to restart the CLP to refresh myself, renew my faith and meet new friends.

Praise God! Because with God's grace I was able to finish and complete the CLP! Being able to finish the CLP gave me relief and happiness. I felt satisfied and complete because I've been waiting and longing for this. God has heard my prayer and it's been 9 months since I came back to the community. I can say that I am so blessed and grateful that I have learned a lot and I am striving to be better. God is so great because He transformed me, changed me and inspired me to keep going and to serve Him again. Indeed He never fails. He has been with me and He never left me. God's signs are promises that He will surely fulfill and that God's words are always based from the bible.

It's been a year since I came here and God amazingly changed me. He is not done with me yet. I am still struggling, learning, coping, healing, living, changing, serving, hoping and holding on with His grace. I will never stop claiming His promises for they will all come true in God's time.

May God be praised!

Noon laking YFC. Ngayon proud SFC.
Sarah Lauren Lim


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!