Thursday, August 14, 2014

I will walk on water Lord..


Matthew 14:22-33New International Version (NIV)

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. 

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said,“why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”


Peter cried out: "Lord save me!"
Jesus reached his hand, "Man of little faith, why did you doubt?"

I see the myself in the character of Peter. He may be old but his faith is like a child. His desire to spread the good news was one of the reasons why God chose and called him despite his unworthiness. He was a fisherman, a man with words, failures and a sinner like me. He can be fearful at the face of trial yet he can be strong enough to preach the gospel of God. He would say yes, firmly obey and witness God's miracle unfold before his eyes. He loved Jesus and looks up to him. He followed his master yet he denied him three times. Despite his doubts and insecurities still God was pleased with him. He hold the keys to heaven. He is a pillar of the church. He was crucified the opposite way and after his death look at where and how the Catholic faith has grown now?

Like Peter, I can be brave and confident to say yes knowing God won't abandon me but when trials struck me down I can be shaken easily. I guess I have a strong belief and my Christian faith is really important to me. The reason why I can't say no is because I know that there's a reason why God has called me and what He asks of me is my firm YES. Well saying yes can be a difficult thing because you really have to stand up for it and you are liable with what you say. There are times that I doubt easily when there are situations that I don't understand. It is hard especially in the time of struggle yet God assures me to keep the faith and walk on water as what He did. He wants me to journey with him and assures me that I am not alone. And when the storms of doubt, fear and struggles come, the Lord will hold my hand, will save me and will calm the storm. I know I have to call on him and be still knowing He is God and I am not.


Here's my fave line of the song: Walk on water by Woodstruck
You came so unexpectedly just when I thought my life was made..
You said My Child come follow me. With all my fears I surrendered..
Chorus: I will walk on water Lord. You have called me. You have called my name..
If it's you Lord I will go..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!