Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Proud Lefty!



August 13 is the International Left-Handers day! I didn't know that they celebrated this. I only found out about it last week. Being a lefty became a struggle at first but as I embraced it, I began to slowly discover the uniqueness and amazing talent it has revealed to me.

As I grew up I had a hard time dealing with situations because I was left handed. It's challenging to write using a right handed chair and my side or back hurts from trying to adjust with the chair. We rarely have left handed chairs and whenever we have one it's gives me relief. I always have pen marks on my left hand as a result of writing. Whenever I write something I always have a different penmanship and I don't have a permanent one. Weird? My handwriting is difficult to read when I'm in a hurry but if I want it to be read I have to write very slowly and beautifully. Whenever I write, it would be different than how the right handers do or it's in a reverse way because somehow it's connected with the brain and perception.

Whenever I see something and when I try to copy it, it's in reverse. I also notice when I'm learning to dance I have a hard time doing the moves correctly. Before I struggled with directions especially east and west. I am often confused with left and right sides or maybe my brain is telling me otherwise. When eating whichever utensil I pick up first would be ok with me since I can use them reversely. Before I didn't like the subject arts because I also have a hard time expressing myself. I didn't know that being a lefty was a challenging part of growing up. Honestly I find it weird and hard to explain but maybe that's how left handers think. I hope so!?

Few years later, I was able to appreciate the gift of being a lefty. I am amazed at the uniqueness and the ability I can do. I have started loving arts and I learned how to draw. It started in high school when I was influenced by my classmates who loved drawing. Also there's an anime show that was popular and I became an addict of the Japanese culture - origin of Anime and Manga. I have exposed myself to colors, painting, drawing, solving math and even dancing which I hated.

In college, I realize I was capable of doing more but then due to busy schedules I was unable to do what I loved to do when I was in high school. Despite that I was able to discover a new talent which was photography, videography and learning how to edit using photoshop. I loved reading/looking at colorful pictures in books/sites. I also started to learn the guitar and I have enjoyed it. I had a meaningful college life with full of colors, fun and tears. Nothing compares to the fullness of life that I have discovered being a YFC.

Years past and I found myself working in Dubai. My art skills were challenged and I enjoyed working in the nursery. I loved preparing crafts, acting as teacher, taking care of kids and my drawing skills were rekindled. I learned doodling plus adobe editing. I had several projects and I have fun. I am attracted to quizzes/games with colors expecially the rubiks cube. A lot has changed and looking back made me realize how being a lefty is a blessing. So far I am proud of who I became to be because God has blessed and given me with so much. Whatever I have now is all thanks to His grace, love and providence. And I want to thank God for creating me uniquely and I'm a proud lefty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!