Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bisita Iglesia Throwback

A throwback with one of the culture/traditions that we do during Holy week.

Bisita/Visita Iglesia for me is literally visiting the Church (as to how it is translated).  I never had an idea on how it feels like to visit several churches, to reflect and to pray more especially during Holy Week (Semana Santa). I heard about how it was done and usually people do it after Palm Sunday until Maundy Thursday. They say when it is your first time to visit the Church, you should make a wish. I remember doing it the first time with the YFC community last 2008 and I really enjoyed the trip. I learned new things and gained experiences and from then on, I loved doing it and was looking forward for the next years to come.
YFC CAPIZ 2008 - 2010 - 2011

During the year 2009, we had our Bisita Iglesia with the family and we rode the tricycle. We visited Cathedral, Mt. Carmel then Panay, Bailan, Pontevedra, Pres. Roxas and we went to Estancia. It was a fun adventure with the family, though tiring it was worth it. We were able to reflect and at the same time had a bonding with each other.
Last 2010, I had the chance to organize the activity for YFC in Roxas City. I remember myself promoting it via sms and we were like 15? We were able to rent an L3 van. Ayra and my sister Carla was with us during that time. It was a great moment to remember. We started at Cathedral then Panay Church, then Bailan Church, then Hipona Church, Pontevedra Church and then Pres. Roxas Church. We had lunch at Agtalin, Pilar and we did the Stations of the Cross there. After that we went to Panit-an Church, then Loctugan church, VB Alba chapel and lastly was Mt. Carmel Church. I remember coming home and we had a family version and visited the same churches as mentioned but we also went to Carmelite church near Lawaan. No matter how busy, tiring and challenging the day has been it’s still worth it because you spent it entirely with the people closest to you.

2011 came and again we organized a trip. This time we rented 2 jeepneys since many joined us. From the previous years we were few but then God is indeed good for we have doubled our numbers and we have inspired people to come and join us. As usual we started at Cathedral then the famous Panay church, then Bailan, then Hipona, Pontevedra and Pres. Roxas. We still had our lunch at Agtalin, Pilar. After that we passed through Panit-an church, Loctugan, Cristo Redentor (Ivisan) then VB Alba and lastly was Mt. Carmel.    

I had my first Bisita Iglesia in the UAE last 2012 and it was during the peak of summer. It was very hot. We went to Jebel Ali to visit St. Joseph Church then went to Abu Dhabi which was St. Francis Church. We then head off to St. Mary's in Al Ain then we had lunch at Jabel Hafeet (don't know if right spelling) and our last stop was St. Mary's church in Dubai. It was the first time wherein I shared an experience of mine since I was new in the UAE and also in the community. We were asked to share once we picked up a verse. I felt happy since I told them the story why I was here. It was good since I get to meet new people and witness how God works even in the Middle East which is far away from our homeland.

2 years later here I am blessed and working even if it's Holy Week. I can't complain but just be thankful because I am able to practice my faith and still have the freedom to do what I want unlike others who cannot. Thank you Lord for everything! You are a great Almighty Father! Praise God for your love that never fails and never ends. I have missed what I used to do and I hope to do them again in God's time.

Have a blessed Maundy Thursday!
Deo Gloria!
4/17/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!