Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Child, don't worry!


   March 2, 2014
Holy Gospel: Matthew 6: 24 – 34


Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day

During the Homily, the priest showed different flowers and allowed us to identify each of them. He 
also mentioned why girls/ladies love to receive flowers. He said that guys use flowers to get the girls they like then everybody laughed because it's true. He then compared us to a flower and that we possess 3 important qualities that we should remember. 
1st is that we are beautiful and we should be proud of it. 
2nd is we are lovable. We are called to love and be loved. We loved because He first loved us. We are indeed God's beloved. 
3rd is that we have a purpose to fulfill.

I have realized that what He mentioned were the qualities we fail to acknowledge in our life. We are unworthy and we are sinners but God assures us that we are worth more than the birds, flowers or any other creatures on earth. We shouldn't worry because He will provide and take care of everything that we will need.

Knowing the status that I currently have, I can't help but worry. I mean it's alarming. It has been 2 months and more than 2 weeks since I stopped working. Living in the UAE requires an amount of money. You can't live here for free. You need to pay bills and other things. I finished my contract but unfortunately I have a 6 months labour ban. Most people would then give a follow up question of why? And then I would explain the same thing over and over again.

I have a hard time looking for a job because of the ban. Future employers seem to reject me instantly every time I mention my status. I guess having a ban is a difficult process that they have to go through so that I can work in their company. Well I can't blame them but it's heartbreaking when I feel that I'm rejected instead of accepted. I was also fooled and was broken because of some misunderstandings. I felt lost and I didn't know where to start nor what to do. I was rejected, fooled, heart broken and lost yet it was bearable and I have endured it all with God's grace.

Then I realized that the pain of rejection (and many others) was nothing compared to Jesus' who was first rejected not by one but by many. He was insulted, made to suffer, laughed at, questioned, scourged, stripped, treated as a slave, made to carry a cross and even put to death. I am blessed that I was not able to encounter what our Lord Jesus has gone through.

Indeed, I am favored and the experiences I had, has allowed me to grow mature, to become better and made me trust in God more. He has pushed me to believe that He exists and that I need not worry. He has molded my faith and tested it to become strong. Circumstances came to see how far I was journeying with God. My prayer time became stable and I completely surrendered to His will. I held on to His promises. I know there may be delays with the prayers I am asking but I firmly believe that He has something better to give at the right time. He is slowly fixing me to become whole again. He taught me how to move on, to let go of what hurts/burdens me, to be able to forgive then be forgiven and the He made me realize the true meaning and expression of love. He never failed to assure me that He loves me, that I'm important and that He will take care of me. He has carried me through and He will continue to do so. He is a great God. No words can ever describe how wonderful He is.

My Child, do not worry. I will take care of you. Trust me. Have faith and believe. Be hopeful for my plans are always better for you.  I am in control. Everything will be alright. I am by your side. Greater things are yet to come. Hold on and be still. Just allow my will to be done. I love you so much my dear beloved!
 -God  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! God bless! :)
Deo Gloria!